Review by Alan Marshall
This essay by Ps Denis Rupert is an excellent starting point in exploring how a christian makes use of the moral principles in the Old testament. Do you think any of the issues listed below are important? If so, then will to read the Old Testament, and seek insight from the Holy Spirit in applying it, for according to the author, none of these issues are dealt with clearly and explicitly in the New Testament! There may be debate over some these, but the conclusion that we are meant to gain instruction from the Old Testament in moral matters seems inescapable (2 Timothy 3:16).
for the environment (Deuteronomy 20:19-20)
- caring for animals (Deuteronomy 22:6-7)
- what to do when you find a lost item (Deuteronomy 22:1-3)
- what does God think of hygiene and sanitation (Deuteronomy 23:12-13)
- may I marry a close relative (Leviticus 18:6-18)
- how many children does God want me to have (Genesis 1:28; Psalm 127:3-5)
- does man have dominion over the creation or does the creation reign over man
- cross dressing (Deuteronomy 22:5)
- having sex with animals (Leviticus 18:23)
- caring about the safety of others (Deuteronomy 22:8)
- abortion (Isaiah 44:24; Psalm 139:13-14)
- premarital sex (Exodus 22:16-17; Deuteronomy 22:13-21).